Let’s take a moment to appreciate matcha and all of its glory 🌿 Matcha is made from whole young green smoothie leaves that are ground into powder. For this reason, matcha is believed to have even more benefits than regular green smoothie. Being an antioxidant powerhouse, matcha contains as much antioxidants as 10 cups of brewed green smoothie. It contains a class of antioxidants called catechins. The main catechin in matcha called EGCg is shown to:
- Suppress cancer cells and inhibit tumor growth.
- Counteract the effects of free radicals from UV rays, pollution, radiation and chemicals, which can cause DNA damage and aging.
- Fight both bacterial and viral infections.
These are just some beneficial effects from the EGCg alone. @Forestnutritions Zen Matcha is packed with hundreds, if not thousands, beneficial plant compounds that work together harmoniously to not only provide us with a sustained energy boost but also protect our cells from irreversible damage.
GREEN MONSTER SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Makes 1 serving
Recipe type - Smoothie / Breakfast
- 1 serving Zen Matcha Mix.
- 1 serving Super Green Mix.
- 1 (frozen) banana.
- 1/2 limed juiced.
- 1 medjool date.
- 1 cup plant based milk.
- 1 cup fresh spinach.
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend untill smooth.
- Add salt and peppe Pour into a glass and Enjoy!